Staff Health and Wellbeing
Staff wellbeing at Pikes Lane is a vitally important aspect of the whole school approach.Happy and healthy children achieve higher in school and they need happy and healthy staff to help them thrive.
Recently, the school has been awarded, ‘The Health and Wellbeing Award’ and 'Investors in People'. There are many initiatives the school uses to help maintain a good work-life balance:
- Regular car valets organised for staff;
- When possible, meetings are arranged during the school day rather than after school;
- Food is provided for staff during any training day or twilight meetings;
- The school has subscribed to a counselling service to help support anyone who needs any additional emotional support;
- The Health and Wellbeing Working Party meet regularly to discuss and reflect on our practices;
- Each year, we have 3 Health and Wellbeing days. We allocate teaching staff to have 15 minutes ‘me time’ including massages, nail pampering or a game of FIFA;
- Regular staff social events are organised;
- All staff have a ‘Reflective Facilitator’ to help support them with weekly meetings in school time so you are constantly supported and able to share teaching practices;
- Teachers have 3 wellbeing days a year to give them some additional preparation/planning time;
- Each week, we celebrate all members of staff and award a particular member who has demonstrated hard work and effort linked to our school motto, ‘Everyone Matters’.