Staff Health and Wellbeing
Happy and healthy children do better in school and they need happy and healthy staff to help them thrive. Staff wellbeing at Pikes Lane is a vitally important aspect of the whole school approach.
Recently, the school has been awarded, ‘The Health and Wellbeing Award’. There are many initiatives the school uses to help maintain a good work-life balance:
- Regular car valets organised for staff.
- When possible, meetings are arranged during the school day rather than after school.
- Food is provided for staff during any training day or twilight meetings.
- The school has subscribed to a counselling service to help support anyone who needs any additional emotional support.
- We have a health and wellbeing working party that meet regularly to discuss and reflect on our practices.
- Each year, we have 3 health and wellbeing days. We allocate teaching staff to have 15 minutes ‘me time’ including massages, nail pampering or a game of FIFA.
- Regular staff social events are organised.
- All staff has a ‘Reflective Facilitator’ to help support every member of staff. Weekly meetings take place in school time so you are constantly supported and able to share teaching practices.
- Teachers have 3 wellbeing days a year to give them some additional preparation/planning time.
- Each week, we celebrate all members of staff and award a particular member who has demonstrated hard work and effort linked to our school motto, ‘Everyone Matters’.